Published on January 19th, 2012 | by 01110011011001016
‘Alternative’ Link Building Ideas
I’ve just read through a billion link building documents and my brain is now fried. Whilst it’s cooling down I thought I’d put together a list of link building techniques that I haven’t read before. They probably exist somewhere but anyway…
- Create a fake interview with someone famous within your sector. I’ve been considering writing a fake interview where Rank Fishkin asks me questions for my about page however I haven’t had the ‘time’ (balls) to do it yet.
- Stealing a failed infographic, add it to your site, change the link information, tell people about it, jobs a good un’
- Linkedin, create a industry group, create a presentation on stupid link ideas, give it away via download, make the downloader tweet/like/+1 your presentation, next.
- I haven’t read anything about the recent Google+ phenomena that has totally changed the SERPS forever (lol) but I can imagine that loads of people are frantically telling their clients to “get that Google+ brand page finished” and to get all members of staff, family, friends and enemies to +1 their results. If you haven’t done this yet then maybe you should 🙂
- Download a password cracker tool. Hack into 5-10 websites per week and add a link to your website. I’ve read that any type of automated link building that deals in quantity is bad so remember to use this link building technique sparingly!
- Find webmaster details for websites within your sector, put together a snazzy list using the latest celebrated tool. Put together a “genius sales pitch” then spam the hell out of your list. This isn’t bad because it’s outreach! Yeah! Everyones doing and so should you.
*EDIT* My internet buddies below have added some real gems:
- Create a faux-charity/cause. Use this false goodwill to get people to link to your “Save The Orphans in Nicaragua” campaign.
- Write a riveting piece about SEO that isn’t true whatsoever, then share on twitter with a wicked title. I feel like most people don’t even read what they retweet.
- Look up every local blogger you can find. Then, sort by date the blog went live. Then offer the newest ones $5 to link to you. Since they’re complete rookies they will LOSE THEIR MINDS when their blog starts making them “money”.
- Had another idea & Google loves links from high quality news sites. All the big websites have these links and I can get them easy all I need is a machete and a t-shirt with my domain name on it.
- I might change my name by deed poll to http://01100111011001010110010101101011.co.uk and then go on a murder spree.
Right well that was fun. My next post should actually be something decent, I’ve asked some very clever people some half decent questions so should expect some good content 🙂
‘Alternative’ Link Building Ideas,