Hijacking Industry Rockstars For Links
- Research and choose a popular writer within your chosen market.
- Create a gmail account with their name. For bonus sneakiness steal their author box image and make a signature of twitter/website/email stuff.
- Contact blog/sites on the rockstar’s behalf and ask whether you can guest post.
- Create guest post, include link to client/own blog etc.
- Send over to site.
- Cross fingers that it gets added and no-one finds out.
- Increase in % of outreach emails converting to live posts and thus more links.
- Increased visitors via the guest posts because the link out is from a trusted source.
- You’re caught and the website that you link out too from your post is seen in a negative light.
Do the wins outweigh the pitfalls or vice versa? It’s up to you to work it out.