Sean’s Links! #2
Some interesting posts. Some about marketing, some not.
Some of them you will find interesting. Some of them have great design.
- “Self-Improvement Is Masturbation”
- How to Hack Your Brain
- The Rise of the Artist – You are the Future
- The Orgasmic Brain
- Do You Have Weirdo Syndrome?
- Fake – You Are Not Dead
Here’s some music:
Read and lolled at this as well. Could probably be used to decide what you believe in the world of SEO (and probably the rest of it, however small it is…)
“The people of Kalama asked the Buddha who to believe out of all the ascetics, sages, venerables, and holy ones who, like himself, passed through their town. They complained that they were confused by the many contradictions they discovered in what they heard. The Kalama Sutta is the Buddha’s reply.”
- Do not believe anything on mere hearsay.
- Do not believe in traditions merely because they are old and have been handed down for many generations and in many places.
- Do not believe anything on account of rumours or because people talk a great deal about it.
- Do not believe anything because you are shown the written testimony of some ancient sage.
- Do not believe in what you have fancied, thinking that, because it is extraordinary, it must have been inspired by a god or other wonderful being.
- Do not believe anything merely because presumption is in its favour, or because the custom of many years inclines you to take it as true.
- Do not believe anything merely on the authority of your teachers and priests.
- But, whatever, after thorough investigation and reflection, you find to agree with reason and experience as conducive to the good and benefit of one and all and of the world at large, accept only that as true, and shape your life in accordance with it.