Page x is the most relevant result for the search query y but it doesn’t rank because it is on a brand new website which has a small amount of content and no links pointing to it.
Morally is it wrong to pay for links to improve page x’s ranking results if you are improving the search results for any relevant users?
*EDIT* – Lets making this very fucking clear. This is a question/scenario and not an opinion.
I will appreciate moans about the following (and maybe others if I find it amusing) below:
- I am just doing what I need to get the job done
- Fuck Google they get the search results they deserve
- There are no morals in war
- Fuck Google I will game their shitty search engine if I want
- Here we go yo, here we go yo. So what so what so what’s the scenario
- Your content is getting gradually worse
- I know, I’m very aware of this
- “The Morality of SEO” would have been a better title
- I prefer “Are Paid Links Morally Right To Use If The Content Deserves To Rank?”
- It’s a bit long isn’t it?